Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T) is a 10-year multiple entry visa which is employer-independent, targeting top foreign talents in NKEA sectors. If you are a high-achieving individual with the capacity to drive business results that contribute towards Malaysia’s economic transformation then you may apply for the RP-T.
Among the benefits include:
- The holder will be allowed to stay and work in Malaysia for 10 years (with an option to renew).
- The holder’s spouse and children below 18 years old will also be given the Residence Pass. The spouse will also be able to work in Malaysia.
- The RP-T is personal to holder.
- Dependents over 18-years old, parents and parents-in-law would be eligible for a 5-year Social Visit Pass.
To qualify for a RP-T, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have worked in Malaysia for 3 years.
- Hold a valid Employment Pass at the time of application. (Employed)
- Hold a PhD/Master’s/Degree or Diploma in any discipline from a recognised university or a professional/competency certificate from a recognised professional institute.
- Possess 5 years of total work experience.
- Earn a basic monthly salary of RM15,000.
- Have an income tax file number in Malaysia and have paid income tax for at least 2 years.